United Nations General Assembly Side Event: Monday Sept 28th, 10 AM ET
"Scaling-up Hepatitis Testing to Achieve the SDGs: Challenges and Opportunities from the COVID-19 Response"
Join us for this webinar that will bring together leading diagnostic organizations, country representatives, and public health institutions to discuss both the challenges and opportunities in hepatitis testing presented by COVID-19.
Register here [This webinar has passed]
Please see the webinar recordings here
Key discussion areas will include:
- Capacity building for diagnostic testing in response to COVID-19
- The impact of COVID-19 on national capacity for hepatitis B and C testing
- Opportunities for leveraging COVID-19 testing capacity to strengthen testing for hepatitis B and hepatitis C
Confirmed speakers and discussants include:
- Dr. Catharina Boehme, CEO, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
- Dr. Mohammed Abdulaziz, Head, Division of Disease Control and Prevention, Africa CDC
- Dr. Faisal Sultan, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister, Focal Point on Hepatitis Elimination, Government of Pakistan
- Dr. Mengistu Erkie, Gastroentrologist, Addis Ababa University, President, Ethiopian Gastroenterology Association
- Dr. Hanna Aberra, St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Dr. Youngmee Jee, WHO International Health Regulation (IHR) Emergency Committee on COVID-19 Outbreak, Former Director-General, Center for Infectious Disease Research, Korea National Institute of Health (NIH), Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This webinar will be the first in a new webinar series called Hep Test that will bring together diverse stakeholders to 1) share challenges and lessons learned in scaling-up HBV and HCV testing; 2) build support for testing programs; 3) disseminate innovations in testing technologies and strategies; and 4) identify new research needs. Look out for more information to join Hep Test.